Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Warding off the Megaphone Demon

After the first night with my demon I became highly suspicious of the noises and things that moved around outside.

About a week after the original incident I realized I may be cursed.

Let me explain the two reasons why:

First, my yard backs up to a wooded area, and it is full of birds. Tons of birds. My bird Gwen will sit and peep at them during the day and they sit on my balcony when it's snowy.

Ever since that fateful night the birds have disappeared. The weather has been consistent, so I've ruled that out.

The only explanation is the birds know I'm cursed and they're staying away on purpose.

Second, I was walking from my apartment to the laundry room, It's not too far, but I do have to walk around the entire length of the building.

It was laundry day, so I had already done this walk twice.

I'm about halfway there when I see a black cat come crawling out from around a corner. Now usually I'm not superstitious but bearing in mind the events of the week before and the fact that my neighbors still refused to let me sleep more than a few hours each night, I was a little wary.

Of course the cat then decides to cross in front of me, sealing my fate.

Let me describe this cat to you. It didn't look especially thin, and at first I thought it was a pet. But as I got closer I realized it was horribly scraggly and had big chunks of fur missing. It was just a generally unnerving cat.

Then, because being cursed once isn't enough. It turned and crossed back in front of me.

AND to seal the deal, once I had walked past it I turned to see it and it's gone, it didn't leave and paw prints in the snow either.

Basically I'm dead already.

So I did what any logical person would do.

I bought a foo dog statue.

This is what it looks like:



I think the dramatic lighting in my bedroom really adds to the atmosphere and the fact that I bought a statue to protect me from demons.

Here's a little snippet from Wikipedia about foo dogs, or "guardian lions":

Statues of guardian lions have traditionally stood in front of Chinese Imperial palaces, Imperial tombs, government offices, temples, and the homes of government officials and the wealthy, from the Han Dynasty (206 BC-AD 220), and were believed to have powerful mythic protective benefits

I'm not Chinese in the least bit but I think it'll be okay. So far since I've built a little shrine around this fella nothing else bad has happened, nor have I received any more omens.

Also the birds have come back to my yard, so I think it's working.

Erin: 1 Demon: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment