Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Introducing myself, and also my neighbors.

Okay, first post here we go~

I just wrote about myself not five minutes ago but I figured I'd incorporate a little bit more detail in a real post.

I'm from North Dakota. It's pretty ok. It's nice and the people are nice and there are a lot of places to eat but it's flat and gets really cold and also really hot and sometimes floods so is occasionally underwater.

I live in Connecticut now. It's also ok. The roads are confusing and the people are quiet and suspicious and no one knows how to deal with the weather, regardless of what kind of weather it is. Unless it's a hurricane in which case everyone is like "pshh no big deal we got this" whereas a prediction of three inches of snow is enough for half the state to lose their minds. (See this video for a typical reaction)

Let's talk about my apartment. It's old and smelly and noisy but it's cheap to live here so oh well. My downstairs neighbors are nice and let me borrow their shovels so I can dig my car out and they like Gwendolyn and think she's "really cool and interesting" so I like them. They're gonna be called the Cat-Shovels, because they have a cat and loaned me a shovel and I don't actually know their names.

My upstairs neighbors are affectionately referred to from this point on as The Elephants. I've never met them but their floors are very very creaky and they keep me up all night just by moving around. They are key players in many of my stories and you will hear more about them later.

When we first moved in we were really loud and obnoxious so I got all my neighbors little treat bags full of chocolate so they wouldn't hate me. The Elephants wrote me a nice thank you card and The Cat-Shovels thanked me in person.

I haven't met any of my other neighbors.

I work at a flower shop but don't really know anything about flowers. I just follow instructions and clean a lot of buckets. I really like it. The people I work with are the only Connecticut friends I have so if you were wondering about my social life there isn't one. I spend a lot of time in pajamas at home. I like it that way.

Anyways I have to take Gwenny to a vet check up so I need to go get dressed and maybe comb my hair or something. bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment