Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Nightmares aren't Always Scary

I'm pretty sure everyone had nightmares every now and again. Sometimes they're genuinely terrifying, other times...not so much.

Let's give some examples.

Things I've had nightmares about:
  • someone tricking me into giving away one of my couch cushions.
  • climbing around with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
  • James Bond being tricked by bees.
  • Husband coming home from work at an unusual time.
  • doing laundry.

None of those are actually scary but you can bet I woke up terrified, sometimes actually screaming.

Let's go into detail!

So Dream #1, I was invited to a huge house party and when I arrived I was informed that I could go anywhere in the house except the ballroom.

I was like what the heck why not and snuck off immediately to find said ballroom, only to discover that one of the bad guys from 101 Dalmatians and a side character from Game of Thrones had kidnapped my ugly couch and were holding it hostage. We bargained for my couch's life but they took one of the cushions anyways.

I woke up in a panic and grasped spastically for Husband's arm in the middle of the night, waking him up in the process.

Dream #2, come on down! This one was in conjunction with the kidnapped couch fiasco. This time though I met up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they showed me how to maneuver through the building using a series of hidden pipes in the walls. 

I was just about to get my couch back when I woke up crying, and again woke Husband up in the process.

Dream #3 is one that's haunted me for many years. When I was just a little Erin I remember watching part of a movie with my dad, and somehow that triggered a (at the time) horrific nightmare of James Bond being tricked into falling in a hole by giant bumble bees.

I don't remember the outcome or if I cried or screamed or not but it's highly likely. I was just as weird as a child as I am now.

Dream #4 was actually frightening and had the most dramatic reaction from me. Husband was away for work and wouldn't be home for at least a week, that I knew for certain. So when I "woke up" hearing the front door unlock and someone come into the house alarm bells went off. 

I was like "Oh, Husband is just home really late no big deal--WAIT A SECOND" and then the shadow intruder came into the bedroom and I could see him but not look at him and he had a winter coat on and then I actually woke up. 

This time I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs, and transitioned into yelling "WHO'S THERE" and the like while turning every single light in my apartment on and waking my bird up as I stalked around the house ready to fight off any intruders.

Of course there was no one actually there but it was very scary.

And finally, Dream #5, the laundry mishap. This one is along the lines as the one before, as far as seeing something but not being able to move. Except this time instead of a potentially deadly intruder I was very slowly tripping over a laundry basket and just fell in slow motion forever. Woke up screaming.

Horrifying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment